Product Alternatives: Advion Ant Gel Bait, Maxforce Quantum Ant Bait
EPA Registration No.: 432-1264
Active Ingredient: Fipronil – 0.001%
Directions For Using The Maxforce Bait Injector:
With the teeth of the drive rod facing up, pull the drive rod all the way back. Attach ant gel reservoir to the bait injector with a twist-locking movement. Remove the reservoir outlet cap and attach the dispensing tip. Push the drive rod until the drive plunger seats against the piston in the reservoir of gel. Turn drive rod knob until teeth are facing down. Gently squeeze the trigger until the gel flows out. Reservoirs that still contain gel can be sealed with the end cap for future use.
Directions For Changing Reservoirs:
With the arrow on the drive rod pointing up, pull the drive rod out as far as it will go. Remove the empty reservoir, wrap and place in trash can. Reservoirs that still contain gel can be sealed with the outlet cap for future use. To attach a new reservoir of gel follow the above directions.
- To apply gel: Remove cap from tip, touch tip to surface and depress plunger. Recap after use.
- Apply gel in spots in cracks and crevices. For best results, place many spots or dabs of gel where you see ants foraging and entering the structure.
- Do not apply the gel to areas which have been recently sprayed with insecticide or contaminated with foggers and do not spray insecticide over gel as this may cause the bait to become repellent. Do not apply gel to areas that are routinely washed, such as counter tops, as gel will be removed or diluted and spread onto the surface. If you have recently sprayed, remove the dead ants and thoroughly clean the area before applying the gel.
- Place the bait as follows: Gel can be placed in cracks, crevices, corners and any out of the way place, such as under and behind kitchen appliances, along baseboards, under sinks, in pantry, around pipes and water heater, window and door frames, and in the garage, attic, or crawl space.
- Indoors – apply at rates up to 1.0 grams per 100 sq. ft. of floor space. For example, apply (10) 0.2 gram bait placements (1/4 inch spots) in a 100 sq. ft. kitchen in the areas where ants are seen or foraging.
- Outdoors – apply spots or beads of bait up to 0.2 grams of bait per placement in areas where ant activity is observed.
- At the entrance to ant nests – inject up to 2.0 grams of bait directly into nest entrance.
- Along active foraging trails – apply 0.6 grams of bait per 10 linear feet of ant trail, distributing the bait in a number of spots or in a series of small beads (1/8 inch wide and 1-2 inches long) next to foraging trails.
- Do not apply Maxforce Fleet Ant Bait to areas where food/feed, food utensils or food processing surfaces may come into contact and become contaminated.
- Do not apply Maxforce Fleet Ant Bait to areas that are routinely washed such as cracks and crevices in tops of tables, food/feed preparation and prepared food holding surfaces as bait could be removed by the washing.
- Do not apply Maxforce Fleet Ant Bait to surfaces where the temperature exceeds 120-130°F because this could cause the bait to liquefy and lose effectiveness.
Examples include, but are not limited to, parts of stoves, ovens, grills, fume hoods, saunas, heat lamps, coffee urns, steam tables, toasters, fryers, dishwashers, and hot water pipes.
- Use good application practice to avoid movement of Maxforce Fleet Ant Bait to exposed surfaces used for food preparation.
- Product may stain textiles, clothing and porous surfaces.
Replace Cap After Each Use. Store In A Cool Dry Place That Is Inaccessible To Children And Animals.