Product Alternatives: Extinguish Fire Ant Bait, Advance 375A Granular Ant Bait,
EPA Registration: 100-1481
Active Ingredient: Indoxacarb – .045%
Product Use Information:
Advion Fire Ant Bait may be applied to control imported fire ants, bigheaded ants, pavement ants and turfgrass ants in residential lawns and landscaped areas, commercial properties, institutional sites, sports and recreational turf, non-agricultural areas and non-cropped areas. Advion Fire Ant Bait may be applied to control imported fire ants, bigheaded ants, pavement ants and turfgrass ants in fenced pastures if grazed only by companion animals (i.e., animals not raised for production of meat or milk). Advion Fire Ant Bait also may be applied to control imported fire ants in commercial nursery production of field and container grown ornamentals and non-bearing fruit and nut trees and commercial production of turf grass sod on sod farms.
Methods: Broadcast or individual mound treatments
- Apply with broadcast equipment capable of applying 1.5 pounds of Advion Fire Ant Bait per
acre. Calibrate equipment before application.
- Use appropriate measuring utensils for individual mound treatments. Keep utensils used for
measuring pesticides away from children.
- Broadcast Treatments: Make application with broadcast equipment capable of applying 1.5 pounds of ADVION fire ant bait per acre. Calibrate and adjust equipment prior to application to ensure that the proper rate of product will be applied. Retreat after 12-16 weeks if needed.
- Individual Mound Treatments: Do not disturb the mound. Do not apply to tops of mound. Apply 4 level tablespoons (0.5 oz) of ADVION fire ant bait per mound, uniformly distributing the product 3-4 feet around the mound. Retreat after 12-16 weeks if needed. Individual mound treatments.
When To Use Advion Fire Ant Bait:
- Apply Advion Fire Ant Bait at the first sign of imported fire ant, bigheaded ant, pavement ant or turfgrass ant activity.
- Applications may be made at any time of the day, but are more effective when ants are actively foraging, usually when the soil surface temperature is above 60° F.
- Up to 4 applications of Advion Fire Ant Bait may be applied per year, generally at 12-16 week intervals.
General Use Precautions:
- Do not use kitchen utensils for measuring. Keep measuring utensils with pest control pesticides away from children.
- Do not allow livestock or domestic animals to consume the bait.
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- Do not exceed 6 total pounds of ADVION fire ant bait applied per acre per year.
- Do not apply if the area to be treated is wet with dew, irrigation or rainfall.